Is it just me or are odd numbered years seemingly better than even? Don’t get me wrong, 2016 was a good year but for some reason I have faith in odd numbers. Jesus rose on the third day, God finished creating the world in seven days and I was born in the ninth month on the twenty third day in 1997… odd numbers are lit. Although, Donald Trump will be going into office this year, aside from that, I think it will be a good year… *cheers for my optimism*
Any who, I have big plans for this year. No, not a “New Year Resolution”. I’m not necessarily against New Year Resolutions but I do feel like maybe 20% of people stick to them or let alone remember what their goal was by mid March. I just feel as though New Year Resolutions have a bad connotation to them so I’d like to call this my list of “Prolonged To-Do’s” (I’m extra… I know).
10 Prolonged To-Do’s:
- Smile more
- Meet new people/ network
- Travel (whether a road trip and air bnb with friends; GO SOMEWHERE)
- Intern in the fashion, media or entertainment industry
- Eliminate self doubt and excuses and ‘shoot your shot’, there will be people down the road to doubt you, you can’t be one of them
- Stop being so indecisive!
- Treat yourself and your family
- Healthy eating, lose weight and tone body (such a cliche, I had to add it)
- Buy clothes that express your style
- Document your life. In photos, writing, videos, etc.